Hello! Kia ora! Hola!

I am Emily and I am from New Zealand. I am 21 years old and have recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Spanish.

I am very lucky because the Ministry of Education in Spain has given me a placement in Navàs at Sant Josep school to help the children learn English.

This blog is for all the children and their families, the Ministry of Education, for the people at home and anyone else who is interested!

Our aim over the next six months is to help improve the students with their oral and conversational English.

But I will start from the beginning...

lunes, 8 de noviembre de 2010

First week of November!

It is November already!
Monday was a holiday and Tuesday was a short day as I went to Barcelona for a meeting with the Ministry of Education.
This week I showed the children the Tuatara of NZ

We watched a brief clip but it was hard to hear! Hopefully you can watch it at home if you are interested... http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_flash_skin/1806692
I continued speaking with the children and now I have a role – book, just like a real teacher!
In the arts and crafts class we briefly learnt about the flags of NZ... We coloured in the flags and stuck them to sticks. (I was a bit confused and I thought I was taking pictures, but really they were a movies!)



Next week I will explain to the older children about the flags, so see next week’s blog for more information! 

1 comentario: